- Monday, February 27, 2012, Robert Holloway, Director of the AFP Foundation, sat for an interview with the Fondation Chirac on issues linked to the conference series on new media and conflict prevention – online soon.
The AFP Foundation is also pursuing its Media-Lebanon project, supported by the Fondation, which aims to train journalists from various communities on development issues concerning the country.
- Tuesday, March 6, 2012 On March 12 2012, during the run-up to World Water Forum in Marseille, the Fondation Chirac’s Scientific Committee on Access to Water and Sanitation is organizing a conference on “Solidarity for Water in the Niger Basin: practical commitments for real solutions”.
As part of the 6th major global event on water, designated by its organizers as the “Forum for solutions”, the Fondation Chirac plans to prolong the Forum “Solidarity for Water in Niger Basin Countries”, organized October 17 and 18, 2011 in Bamako by presenting the findings, the concrete recommendations, and the commitments that resulted from the Bamako debates.
- On Thursday, March 8, 2012 the Fondation’s Board will meet to continue establishing the 2012 guidelines. Efforts concerning the program, “Access to Land Resources” will notably be addressed. The Fondation Chirac is organizing a major awareness-raising event on large scale land appropriation, just as it did in Cotonou against falsified medicines and in Bamako for access to water and sanitation.
- The same day, March 8, as part of the program “Access to quality healthcare” the Fondation along with the Medical and Executive Director of OPALS (Pan African Health Organization), Claude Moncorgé, will explore how to further the partnership both institutions have already established.
- On Friday, March 9, 2012, the Foundation meets representatives of the Orchestre de l’Alliance to organize a Paris concert on behalf of the Fondation Chirac, scheduled for May.
- Finally, during the week of March 12 to 17, 2012, the Fondation is actively participating in the 6th World Water Forum in Marseilles.
The Fondation Chirac’s conference “Solidarity for Water in the Niger Basin: practical commitments for real solutions”, will be held at 5:00p.m. A provisional program is online at the Fondation’s website. His Excellency Mahamadou Issoufou, President of the Republic of Niger; the Minister to the Minister of State, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, responsible for Cooperation, Henri de Raincourt; Minister of Energy and Water of Mali, Habib Ouane; His Excellency Amadou Toumani Touré, President of the Republic of Mali have all confirmed their participation. Confirmation is pending for His Excellency Idriss Deby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad.