The Fondation Chirac brings together an International Jury and a Committee of Experts to select Prize recipients.
The Jury, comprised of leading peacemakers, then choose two recipients for the exemplarity and the urgency of their efforts:
- The Special Jury Prize awarded to one or more publicly recognized figures,
- The Fondation Chirac Prize awarded to one or more private individuals, which has an endowment.
Members of the Jury presided by Jacques Chirac (2013)
- Jacques Chirac / President of Fondation Chirac
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali / Secretary General of the United Nations from 1992 to 1996
- Michel Camdessus / Managing Director of The International Monetary Fund from 1987 to 2000
- Joaquim Alberto Chissano / President of the “Chissano Foundation”, President of the Republic of Mozambique from 1986 to 2005
- Alain Juppé / Former Prime Minister, Former Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Jean-Pierre Landau / General Inspector of Finances
- Federico Mayor / Director General of UNESCO from 1987 to 1999
- Andrea Riccardi / Founder of the community of Sant’Egidio, University of Roma III, Minister for International Cooperation
- Ismaïl Serageldin / Director of the library of Alexandria
- Simone Veil / Former French Minister, Member of the Académie Française
- Vaira Vike Freiberga / President of the Republic of Latvia from 1999 to 2007
The Prize for Conflict Prevention
Programs and actions of the fondation Chirac
Jury Calendar 2013
Thursday, October 3, 2013: Jury meeting - Selecting recipients of both prizes: the Fondation Chirac Prize and the Special Jury Prize.
Thursday, November 21, 2013: Ceremony of the Prize for Conflict Prevention at Musée du quai Branly, Paris,